Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Don't Mess with Me...I'm Crrraaazzzay!

It's official...when I have PMS, I am crazy. I know it is very taboo for a woman to admit this out loud, but I cannot deny it. Let's see all the ways I have lost my mind in the past two days:

  1. I've seriously considered quitting my job, for no reason. Just because "I'm sick of it all." And I actually like my job.
  2. I started and cancelled a membership to Match.com.
  3. I got into an email fight with someone off of said website because I didn't want to call him. I didn't want to call you, Henry, because you are UGLY!
  4. All I wanted yesterday for dinner was McDonald's and a bottle of wine. I got neither.
  5. I feel fat. Not just untoned, not just bloated, but straight up fat. Not only that, but I feel like I will never be in shape again, no matter what I do. I did exercise this morning. See the Kathy Smith post below.
  6. I stopped seeing a guy I had seen a few times. Actually, that was for the best. He told me from the jump that he wasn't looking to commit to anyone and we only hung out once every couple of weeks. I thought I would be cool with that...until he discovered how great I am, of course. I wasn't cool with it at all, so we went back to being friends.
  7. I feel depressed. I am learning that this is probably going to be a part of my PMS from now on. I'm not going to freak out about it too much. It always passes.
So, does anyone have any natural remedies for the PMS crazies? I'm not down with any prescription meds, but a nice tea would be lovely.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

From the impulse decisions that I almost immediately regret to dipping into depths of depression to feeling like I've been run over by a truck, oh, do I hear you.

I suggest the following:

For pain, bloating, etc,: a hot water bottle (but that's not fun in the summer) and castor oil packs. My ex swore by these. Email me if you want the "how tos".

For depression, all I can suggest is indulging in things you love. If you have a favorite tea, drink it, a favorite movie, watch it. The movie that always picks me up is "Defending Your Life".

Anyway, hang in there and thanks for adding my blog to your list and for your kind words. :)

Anonymous said...

1. I too want to quit my job.
2. Match.com et al is sooooooooooo problematic- all of it- sometimes it just makes you feel even more relationship challanged than you may have already felt (I felt)
3. Thats just funny! You crack me up. Go away Henry's of the world.
4. Don't do the Don!!!!! Stay strong- your stomach will thankyou
5. I feel so bloated I could start floating to the sky, I am 7 days late and counting ( NO Worries!!!!) My stomach aches with such a yearning to be emptied already that I think I might be losing my mind. Congrats on exercising- yer not fat! Promise- I definately would agree with you if I thought you had gone too far past healthy or happy!
6.Congratulations on ending a bad habit- and DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT GUYS WITH US ANYMORE! What is with everyone being so afraid that they are going to tap out the infinate well of friendship??? Does it all go around and come around- whine shamelessly away... "we'll make more!"
7. Grrl you, me and about three other girls I know this week. i am actually doing research and I heard of an anti-depressant that you only take for the week of PMS- so you don't have to feel like you are a daily prozac taker.
8. Will let you know of any homeopathic crap that works!- it never does though