Monday, July 17, 2006

Words to Live By

Pandora turned me on to this artist. Her name is Kina. Imagine if Alanis Morissette and Jill Scott had a kid...then that kid looked up to her big cousin, Dionne Farris. That kid would be Kina. I can groove to every single song on this album. And she's got something for everyone: the "I'm over you" song; the "happy to be in a relationship" song; the "female empowerment" song; the "save the earth" song.

The song that I'm totally digging right now is "Me." I totally believe that if I can truly live the lyrics of this song in every part of my being, I will have attained enlightenment.
"I'm just me, I'm enough.
With myself, I'm in love.
I've been weak, I've been low,
Made me strong, now I know.
I'm just me, I'm enough.
Nothing less, nothing more.
I wish everybody could just
Feel this kind of love."

No comments: