Thursday, April 12, 2007

The 5 Question Interview, Part 3

This is officially exhausting! These come from Melissa.

1. What do you think you'll miss most about this city when you go?
Clearly, Melissa hasn't been reading my blog! But I'm not offended...I guess I am wordy a lot. I refer you all to my previous answer to this question.

2. Is there anything about your doctoral program that scares the pants off of you?
The dissertation. Because completing it is based solely on my own discipline. I don't know if I have enough.

3. How long until you think you'll tie the knot with The Mormon?
I actually have no idea. Because of our individual career goals, we want/need to focus on them. I'm actually not in a rush to get married for marriage's sake, but I am conscious of my biological clock. I want to be married before I have kids. TM and I have talked all through this, however. And we talk more about when kids are coming more than we talk about the wedding.

4. If you could change one physical part of yourself what would it be?
Oh...can I change two? I guess I would be taller. I would like to be about 5' 8".

5. If you could change one psychological/emotional part of yourself what would it be?
Hmm...nothing really. Don't get me wrong. Being in the middle of a depression is a living hell. My chest is constricting just thinking about it. However, I would not know myself as well as I do; I would not have accomplished what I have; nor would I have developed into the person I've become if I didn't have my depression to overcome and learn from. I guess I would like to get rid of the anxiety attacks, but again...I've learned so much about myself through them. I've also learned a lot about other people and their ability...or inability...to support me. I think I would be a lot more boring if I didn't suffer from bouts of depression.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm cracking up right now because I think I must have had some of tuckergurl's red wine when I wrote #1 - in my head I was thinking "what will you miss most that you didn't expect to miss". Durr.

Super fantastic answers. Pretty much what I thought you'd say. Well, except for #1 which I clearly botched.