Sunday, October 07, 2007

I'm so excited about this!

Next Friday, Dr. Drew Faust will be inaugurated as Harvard's first female president. This school has been around for 300 years and I happen to be here when it's getting its first female leader. I can't explain it, but I am SO excited about this.

Listen to this fact:
"Drew Faust is only Harvard’s 28th president since its founding. The United States, which is considerably younger than the university, has had 43 presidents."

- Harvard University Office of the President website
It's going to be a two-day event, with readings, a symposium, musical events. There is this website all about the ceremony and all the Harvard artifacts that are coming out of the archives for this grand event. Toni Morrison, one of America's best writers ever, is going to do a reading before the ceremony!

I'm excited like I'm going to have lunch with Barack or something! I can't wait!

No comments: