Tuesday, November 18, 2008

George Bush's Theme Song

I love Coldplay's song: "Viva La Vida." There's something about the rhythmic string section that gets me moving everytime. Plus I like Chris Martin's voice...you go, Gwenyth!

Anywhoo, the song came on the radio just now and I decided that I wanted to know the actual words of the song...I'm bad at deciphering lyrics. As I read along with the song, it occurred to me that this song speaks so much to Dubya. Of course, this insight has a lot to do with seeing Oliver Stone's "W." But I still think the analysis works.

Check out these lyrics:
"One minute I held the key
The next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt, pillars of sand"
Or these: 
"For some reason I can't explain,
I know St. Peter won't call my name.
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world"
Maybe because I'm in the crunch time for school and my brain is a little fried, but I really think these lyrics are deep in their applicability to George Bush. See what you think.

No comments: