I've been tagged! I feel so special! I've never been asked to do something like this before, and tuckergurl asked me, so I'm very happy. Here goes!
Four Jobs I've Had
1. Intern at Oddfellow's Playhouse - When I was in college, I interned at this children's theatre for several seasons. I was proud of myself for volunteering while I was in school, even when I was crazy busy. The Artistic Director was crazy, but what AD isn't?
2. Cashier at the Gap Outlet - I got this job right after graduating from college to afford me the opportunity to intern at a theatre company. It made me so depressed, but my stepmom cheered me up by saying "Don't worry...your first job won't be your last job...like your father." My dad built, founded and still runs an arthouse movie theatre in Connecticut.
3. Literary Fellow at Arena Stage - That was a cool job. I dramaturged two mainstage productions, led audience talk backs, and got to know the DC theatre scene really well. I also lived in a huge rowhouse with four dudes who loved to throw parties. I loved it! To this day I think starting a theatre company in that city is something I could do.
4. Assistant at a Theatrical Agency - I won't name it because I hated that job. I was paid horribly and was surrounded by miserable, insane people. That was the only job that I was fired from in my life. When I told my friend, she responded with "Congratulations!"
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
1. Dirty Dancing - I cried the first time I ever saw this movie and not because it was so moving. I cried during the opening credits because I was so happy I was finally able to see this film. When Johnny and Baby finally nail the lift at the end, I cheer every time.
2. Guys and Dolls - Marlon Brando looks hotter and hotter everytime I see that movie.
3. Shawshank Redemption - This movie is always playing on local cable and I can't not watch it. I love watching how Andy Dufresne finally escapes and gives the warden his comeuppance.
4. I, Robot - I didn't think I would like this film as much as I did, but I watched twice the Christmas my mom bought it for the family and bought it for myself as soon as I could. The graphics are kick-ass.
Four Places I've Lived
1. Washington, D.C.
2. Canton, MA
3. Brooklyn, NY
4. Boston, MA
Four TV Shows I Love
1. "Law and Order" - The original is still the best.
2. "Grey's Anatomy" - It's getting good again.
3. "House" - He's so snarky...I dig him.
4. "CSI" and "Without a Trace" - That CBS Thursday night lineup is hot. I can't believe I used "CBS" and "hot" in the same sentence.
Four Places I've Vacationed
1. Marrakesh, Morrocco
2. Buenos Aires, Argentina
3. Yucatan Penisula, Mexico
4. Oranjestad, Aruba
Four Favorite Dishes
1. Chicken...anything chicken
2. My mom's maccaroni and cheese
4. Grits with hot dogs pieces mixed in...but the hot dogs had to have been really cooked, almost burnt and their skin peeled off.
Four Sites I Visit Daily
2. Fried Catfish and Collard Greens
3. The New York Times
4. Spoke in the Wheel
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
2. Any Carribbean island
4. Home with Ella
2. Bright Eyes
This was harder than I thought.