Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Interesting Experiment Day

So I visited my friend last night and she was telling me about her adventures with the South Beach Diet. She is enjoying it.

I've never been on a diet. Don't get me wrong...it's not that I've never needed to diet. I've just been very bad at it. I've been better at exercising than controlling what I eat.

However, what I have discovered as I get older is that exercise alone won't fend off those McDonald's fries.

So today, I will not eat any bread product. I'm taking this one day at a time. This impacts me greatly because I eat a lot of bread. Already I was in a conundrum because I usually get a bagel for breakfast, and I don't eat eggs. Instead, I ate some berries and a banana.

This is going to be a long day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

eat things that you would not normally eat for breakfast- that helps- Beans, hummous, veggies, tofu scramble, oatmeal is a complex carb- I am sure its allowed on the south beach- give your body more substance! Also ALMONDS- they are saving my life- I am on a a sort of Green version of the south beach diet and although I fell of the wagon- today is day one back on- I lost 10 lbs in the first two weeks
Just keep off sugar- no cane sugar, no beets, Oh and allow yourself honey- it improves metabolism- GOOD LUCK and call me if you need diet advise- I should just start a diet blog!

The Rover said...

I'm always skeptical of diets. I know that some people get great results, but I'm traditionally not a believer. Of course, I made huge diet-and-exercise changes last year, and I feel a thousand times better. Looking better is just a perk.

Anyway, if you're serious, you should find a trainer/nutritionist and get their input. Safest way to do it.

Anonymous said...

I recently joined WeightWatchers online. I paid $60 2 wks ago, and haven't revisited since.

My co-workers were giving me a hard time about it. Saying that I have no right to diet. I told them, I just wanted to have a tool, where I could jot down my daily consumption. I wanted to receive some sort of "Congratulations" when I ate well. Just for motivation to eat healthfully.

IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT?!

Now they all cheer me on, whenever I finish my lunch. "Did you finish that plate of salad, Maura? Good Job!" They say this in the tone of a mother speaking to her 5 year old.

Single Ma said...

hey hey now! oh i wish, i wish, i wish. i can not give up my carbs. i eat bread with everything. i even make spaghetti sandwiches. lol i eat a lot of junk food too. a meal just isn't complete without bread and desert to follow. i'm not being any help, huh? lol i've tried the diet thing but i don't have the willpower to stick to them. i really need a support system. on the flip side, i do eat lots of fruits and veggies too.

good luck with your experiment! let us know how it goes.