Friday, June 16, 2006

Hope is Exhausting

Did you know that I don't discuss my love life - or lack thereof - with my friends anymore? One of them told me once that she doesn't know how to react when I tell her about men I'm interested in; she doesn't know how excited she should get. I can't blame her really...with my track record, I wouldn't trust my taste in men either.

I've decided not to talk about "potential" men until I know something is really happening...whatever that means. I feel sad that I can't gush...it is after all one of the best things about being a woman...but I don't trust myself any more than my friends do. Whenever I open my big mouth, nothing comes of it.

I mentioned in a previous post that I felt like I was losing hope in finding someone special. What I didn't know was that it would take so long for hope to die...I wish it would hurry up already. It's tiring to be cynical and interested at the same time.

No comments: