Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Please Watch TV Tonight!

I know it's the first day of summer and instinct is telling you...Go outside! Eat and drink overpriced cocktails in an outdoor cafe! But I beg you...

DON'T DO IT!

Instead, watch a thrilling and beautiful documentary tonight on PBS entitled,
Beyond the Steps: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.

Actually...I don't know first hand that it is thrilling and beautiful, but Tuckergurl saw it and she has a very good eye for documentary...since she is a woman who works in the medium. So I trust her unbiased opinion implicitly.

Actually...her opinion isn't exactly unbiased since she was the Line Producer on the film. Nevertheless...she is also a person who is brutally honest, so if it were crap, she would tell me. And she didn't say that at all! Instead she said it was thrilling and beautiful. And so for that reason ALONE, I am going to watch it.

Actually...it's not for that reason alone. I'm also going to watch it because I helped make the movie in a small way. Last year, when the production crew needed to get to the airport...I'm not going to tell you why. You'll have to see the movie!...I was able to get them out of a pickle and get them to JFK in plenty of time. It was a blast, and I got to eat at an Olive Garden!

So the moral of this post is...just in case you've lost track...is that you should tune into your local PBS station tonight at 8pm and watch a beautiful and thrilling documentary about the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. Then, go and drink overpriced cocktails outside.

P.S. I dedicate my use of all caps and bold lettering to The Hum Drum Chronicles.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Damn! I missed the first half hour but I'm watching the second half now. I'll tape the re-showing overnight.

It's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post?

That's funny about the dedication. I'm HONORED!