Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fasting Update #1

So I've decided to do a cleansing fast this weekend. I've been feeling gassy lately and I'm in the process of trying to detoxify my spiritual self. So I thought I would externalize that internal cleansing. For at least this weekend, I'm only drinking 100% fruit and vegetable juices, and purified and spring water. I've only gone through a morning, however, I've already made some observations about myself. I've decided to jot them down as they come to me.

I decided that I was going to this right, so Ella and I walked up to my local food co-op to get organic juice and ingredients to make a miso broth soup for my "dinner." As I walked, I noticed how often thoughts of food and eating came into my brain. I would pass by restaurants and think "I should go there this weekend." I would look at the specials advertised in the windows of grocery stores and think "I want to make/bake a dish." All take-out places were possible places for me to grab lunch. Of course, after every one of these thought, I had to check myself. But it was bizarre how frequently the thoughts occurred.

No comments: