Even though I came home with a migraine, today was a good day overall. Wanna hear why? Well, here it goes:
1. Today is Thursday. Which means tomorrow is Friday and the start of a three-day weekend. One where I will hopefully spend a lot of time with The Mormon. Things are going very well with us, by the way.
2. I went running for the first time in a few days this morning. Does this happen to you? When you lose focus in one area of your life, it threatens to affect other areas? I wasn't as disciplined in my running, so it became a struggle to remain disciplined for the other things on my list. Weird.
3. Construction is moving at a nice clip on the Target around the corner from my house. I didn't see one beam raised for all of 2006. Apparently because they were building two or three levels of underground parking. But now that must be done because there are lots of beams up. I think it's going to be at least three floors. I'm so excited!
4. New episodes of "Grey's Anatomy" start tonight!
5. I'm living in a home without a wasp! I finally got the nerve to kill it last night after it freaking me out all week.
6. I got a thank you letter from the "Law & Order" people. They were sweet and told me they were very grateful. The episode where my apartment is featured will air on February 2nd.
7. But what makes today SO special is that today is our anniversary...Ella's and mine. That's right! Ella came into my life one year ago today. She was called Barbie then...yuck!...and I had no idea how much my life would change. I had to fight for her...hard. But after a year, I know her like I know no other living thing. She has been my companion and seen me in every mood. I have learned about myself and what I'm capable of. I love her so much. I can barely remember my life without her. Happy Anniversary, Ella. I love you!