Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sorting It Out

There has been so much I've seen during this vacation...and I have a week left! I'm still sorting through a plethora of emotions and thoughts about TM, family, race, friendship, education, cows, the non-East Coast part of America, dogs that live outside all the time, altitude adjustments, driving everywhere, Native American reservations...the list goes on.

However, based on a comment by tuckergurl, I realize I may not have been completely clear on my itinerary thus far. Probably because TM has been the cruise director for this entire trip. I just ask him should I bring a bathing suit and get in the car.

So, here's a blow-by-blow of the places I've been in the past seven days.

Day 1: Denver; Fort Collins, CO
Day 2: Fort Collins, CO; Taos, NM
Day 3: Taos; Albuquerque; Santa Fe; the ranch TM grew up on, aka The Ranch
Day 4: The Ranch; Manassa, CO (it was here that I ran the 5K); a cabin 11,000 feet in the Rocky Mountains
Day 5: The cabin; The Ranch; Alamosa, CO
Day 6: The Ranch; Albuquerque, NM; Durango, CO
Day 7 (today): Durango, CO; Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona at the same time*; Mesa Verde, CO; Pagosa Springs, CO; The Ranch.

*I was able to be in all those states at the same time because I went to Four Corners. It's the only place in America where you can do this.

As you can see, it's been a whirlwind of a trip. I am thrilled that we are spending the second half of this trip at The Ranch. Tomorrow night will be the first night that I get to sleep in the same bed two nights in a row. I am also thrilled that I've loved every second of it. I'm having a blast.

Now that I've sorted through the places I've been, perhaps I'll be better able to sort through the things I've seen. I'll keep you posted...or at the very least I'll post pictures.

No comments: