Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Break-Up, Part 73

It's my turn to move out this weekend. I'm in the process of packing up my stuff and moving most of it down to the basement. I'm house sitting for the summer, so I'm storing my stuff in the basement here. Of course, I'm going through some aspects of the break-up again, though luckily not as intensely. Right now, I'm thinking about why and how I got to this place, wishing I wasn't here, remembering the days when TM loved me.

Case in point: I still have the cell phone that I had before I got my iPhone. Since I'm in a big "get rid of it" mood, I figured I need to put the phone in the Goodwill pile. But I turned it on and looked through all the saved text messages. There a bunch of messages from TM telling me that he loves me, that's he so grateful for me, and that he never wants to take me for granted. There are private jokes and general silliness.

So now I don't want to get rid of the phone. It's like if I keep the phone and those messages, then he'll still love me. It will be like the TM that I knew back then will exist and the TM who's ready to start dating again...according to his social networking page...won't exist. I know, it doesn't make much sense, but I'm trying to remember that I don't have to right now.

I will get rid of the phone, but God I miss him.

No comments: