Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Think I'm in Shock

This became the front page of the New York Times online at 10:12pm tonight:
I knew this was coming. All the pundits were talking about how close Obama was, how the tone and focus of his campaign has shifted. I mean, I knew this was going to happen and it was probably going to happen tonight.

And yet...

And yet...I just heard him say that he is now "running for President of the United States." And I can't really believe it. There is a Black man running to be the leader of America...and if Clinton, her ego, and her bull-headed supporters don't f*ck it up...he has a good chance of winning.

I can't believe this is happening in my lifetime. I never thought America would live up to its potential in this way. His wife is right: now is the time to be the most proud of our country.

P.S. This happened on my mom's birthday...what a present for her!

No comments: