I think it's important to remind oneself about positive stuff that's occurring in one's life, especially if you are the one making it happen. So...
1. I am taking piano lessons. My teacher is very demanding, but he believes that I can handle it. Right now I'm learning fingering of scales and arpeggios. I have to go buy music books.
2. My step-grandfather sent me a Christmas check for $50.
3. I am going to make a chicken stew to bring to work for lunch.
4. I decided that I'm not going to graduate school in January. Instead I'm taking Beginning Sign Language and a writing class entitled "Illness as Odyssey."
5. I'm going to get a dog probably in January or February.
6. I think I am almost caught up on my winter movies. King Kong is next.
7. My best friend loves my Type A personality.
8. I bought The Artist's Way tonight and I know it was a very good purchase.
9. I got stuck in my building's elevator tonight and I didn't panic. In fact, I figured out a way to get myself out.
10. I have an appointment tomorrow to meet with a representative from Social Circles. Creating structure is very important, so I am creating scenarios that will get me out of the house.