Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Realizations

So last night I saw an old friend from grad school...one I hadn't seen in years. It's amazing how the more things change, the more they stay the same. Though we both have gone through a lot in the time since we last saw each other, it felt comfortable, familiar. We were able to talk about old times in a new way since we were removed from them. I definitely learned some things...

Discovered something else...I know Bright Eyes. That was a strange experience. We've been reading each other's blogs for a while and never knew that we already knew each other. When we interacted last night, I felt like I was doing so in a different way. And the fact that she has read personal information about me is a strange fact to know. All three of us are connected in two specific ways, one of them being blogs, and yet we didn't discuss our blogs at all...it was as if they didn't exist. I realized that I don't discuss my blog with anyone that I know reads it. I wonder why that is...

Yet another realization...I'm getting better. I wasn't anxious while I was getting ready to go out, didn't have a panic attack as I walked out the door. I haven't had what the IOP therapists call "a dark thought" in weeks. I'm making decisions to slow down and simplify my life and it feels good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An ex-coworker discovered my blog after I had changed jobs. She said that it was like reading about a different person. Not that I was different, but she just didn't really know me...or care to know me.

Simplyfying life sounds like a good plan. I'm trying that too.