This is way overdue, but here are five weird things about me.
1. My hair thing. I hate hair. Unless it's attached to a body, I want nothing to do with it. I can't stand hair in the shower or loose hair on the floor. Even if it's my own, I can't touch it. I have to wash it down the drain with the shower head or use a paper towel to pick it up.
2. My career thing. I believe that I am the most successful at being a camp counselor. For many years, I was a counselor at the camp I went to as a camper. I was damn good at it, too. When I think about chucking my life, I dream of working for a camp year round.
3. My cheese thing. On the whole I don't like cheese of any kind...with the following exceptions: baked macaroni and cheese, Mexican food, chicken sandwiches with bacon, cheddar and honey mustard, and pizza. But I can't eat a cheeseburger, or a cold sandwich with cheese. I can't eat cheese and crackers and I can't eat cheese on a salad.
4. My interpretive dancing thing. When I'm really stressed out or just really love a song, I will play it over and over and choreograph a dance routine for it. I will envision myself on a stage in full costume with a number of other dancers...it depends on the song...all dancing my steps to whatever song I'm obsessed with.
5. My bread-and-butter thing. Every time I walk with someone and we happen to walk on either side of a pole, fire hydrant, tree, etc., I have to say "bread and butter." I think I got it from my mom. The uncanny thing is that I say it without really thinking about it. So I can be in the middle of a sentence, split a pole, say "bread and butter," and continue with the rest of the sentence. I do it so often that friends will go out of their way not to split a pole.