Monday, September 18, 2006

Gratitude and Hope

Let me start out by saying that I have probably doomed myself by proclaiming my thoughts and feelings about this man. I have this nagging pattern of ruining potential by merely mentioning my interest. But this one caught me off guard. I didn't plan on "interest," just a fun night.

I just finished writing seven paragraphs about how we met, how much fun we had, etc. I deleted it all. It's not doing my experience justice. This man is unlike anyone I've ever met. He is on a path to deeper self-awareness and spirituality...and he misses the fact that he can't watch "SportsCenter" in the morning with his new work schedule. He likes to analyze his thoughts and actions just like I do...and he is a horn dog! He can go out and down some beers with the fellas...and he knows the name of every tree in my neighborhood.

Very long story short: I took him home on Friday night, we ended up talking and talking some more on Saturday morning. We saw each other again on Sunday and it felt right as rain.

Now I am all flummoxed. We connected...but I don't know what it means. I know I will hear from him again. But I don't know if I will ever see him again. And though I am hesitant to admit this...I really want to see him again. One of the many wonderful things he shared with me was that in order to attract more, I need to appreciate what I have. So instead of looking beyond myself...I should just sit still and be thankful. I'm taking that gift to heart.

Can I be appreciative and still want him to invite me to Buffalo?

No comments: