Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's Christmas Too, Damn It!

I just finished my run. My route is basically the Jewish neighborhood that borders the West Indian enclave I'm a part of. I love running there on Saturdays because there is not a car on the road.

Anyway, I discovered today that not every house is populated by Jewish people. There were two houses that were decked out with Christmas gear to within an inch of their lives! It was as if they were proclaiming their own holiday spirit against the imposing neighborhood. It was funny.

Little do those households know, most of the time the people walking around don't care about Christmas decorations in front yards. I run through there all the time and I bet no one could identify me in a line up.

1 comment:

Bella said...

Elbee- you live one of the few neighborhoods where your post actually applies - most of the time is wreaths, trees, garlands, mistletoes and elfs up to our necks! And then maybe a token menora- usually sizzling or unlit because it was bought in the 70s. =)